- Canvas Boards – Arches oil paper or inexpensive cotton duck boards – 7 surfaces,11×14 each.
*If you want pre-made charts, go to https://www.colorfrontier.com and order them for $100.00.
- Ruler and Pencils Tape – 1⁄4″ artist tape
- Palette knife – bring 1 or 2 triangular shaped knives or a thin one – to paint squares with.
- Brushes – Bring a few stiff brushes in different sizes – ones good for painting squares. (I prefer using a knife but a brush can come in handy as well.)
- Paper Towels
- Palette – to mix paint on
For acrylics I recommend a palette with a sponge on the bottom, it helps keep the paint moist. It makes the process go faster.
- Paint We want to make charts for paints commonly used. These are good basics.
- Titanium White
- Cadmium Lemon
- Cadmium Yellow pale or light
- Cadmium Yellow deep
- Yellow Ochre
- Cadmium Red pale or light
- Terra Rosa
- Permanent Alizarin Crimson
- Transparent Oxide Red (for oil buy Rembrandt in this color)
- Cobalt Blue Light or Cobalt Blue
- Ultramarine Blue
- Oil – Turpenoid or Gamsol – (odorless turpentine) and a container to put it in. Metal can with clasps seem to work the best.
- Acrylics – container for water.