Winstead, Leo – Character Building
Character Building workshop with Leo Winstead
Do you want to capture the essence of your character in just a few quick strokes? Have an idea for a hero (or villain), but are coming up just short of your vision?
Topics we will cover include: Appeal, Clarity, Silhouette, basic rendering, story-telling, expressive and figural anatomy.
Suggested reference books for the class:
- “Fun with a Pencil” – Andrew Loomis (1939)
- “The Illusion of Life” – Ollie Johnston and Frank Thomas (1980)
Materials – each student will need the following:
- 1 Graphite pencil (H or HB)
- Plastic Eraser
- 18-24” ruler
- scratch paper
- 9” x 12” sheet of Strathmore Marker paper
- For the class as a whole:
- Selection of Copic Markers, colored pencils, or pan watercolors to add color accents
- Selection of Fine and Ultra fine (black) Sharpies for inking pencils