Call for Entries: Due February 5, 2020
March 13 – April 9, 2020
From ancient talismans to high-style portraiture, artworks depicting the human figure comprise one of the oldest and most enduring genres of art. This exhibition will present a juried selection of works of art and fine craft in a broad range of media depicting or inspired by the human form.
- Sent via email by February 12
- Saturday, March 7, 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Artists working in fine art and fine craft media are encouraged to submit up to twelve (12) pieces of original artwork depicting or inspired by the human figure.
- Open to artists residing in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, Nebraska, North and South Dakota
What to Enter:
- All media, 2-D and 3-D except film/ video will be considered
- Maximum dimension (height, width or depth) of 96 inches per entry
- Works must be original works executed by the artist
- Work previously exhibited at the Minnetonka Center for the Arts is not eligible
- All work must be for sale. The art center will retain a 40% commission on sales of work by MCFTA members and a 50% commission on sales of work by non-members. Artists need not be members of MCFTA to apply or exhibit.
Apply by email to email@example.com, or send application materials on disc or flash drive to the Minnetonka Center for the Arts, ATTN: Figure Show, 2240 North Shore Drive, Wayzata MN 55391. Submissions must include an image list specifying the medium, size, and retail price of each piece. Include an artist’s statement and/or CV/resume.
Works must be ready to display. Framed works must be wired for hanging; include image or description of framing in entry. 3-D works must be stable and structurally sound.
- Work will be insured by the Art Center from the time of delivery through pick-up.
- Delivery and pick-up of accepted work is the responsibility of the artist. Entries submitted by mail or delivery service must include prepaid return shipping label.
Questions? bbowman@minnetonkaARTS.org · minnetonkaARTS.org · 952-473-7361 x. 170