Students bring from home
- Fabric: Solid color or tone on tone fabric, light or medium in color without large or repeating prints. The fabric should be lightweight. 100% cotton (as quilters use), lightweight silk, fancy synthetic fabric, etc. Velvet, brocade, or other heavier fabrics can only be used as the center piece. Bring 10-12 fabrics; a 12-inch square is adequate for each fabric. The instructor will have an assortment of fabric pieces for purchase in class to add to what you bring from home.
- Straight pins
- Seam ripper if you have one
- General-purpose sewing thread for hand basting and needle
- Small sharp scissors or embroidery scissors
- Scissors for cutting paper
- Large scissors to cut fabric, or Rotary cutter and small cutting mat if you have one
- Glasses if needed for handwork.