Hearding, Catherine – Watercolor (all)
Current Class Material Lists
- 2B drawing pencil
- Tracing paper
- Sketch book
- Tape (artist’s or masking tape)
- Permanent black marker
- Paper towels or rags
- 2 containers for water
- Palette (plastic or butcher’s tray enamel)
- Small pump spray bottle
- Students may bring photos or ideas that they wish to work with. It can be anything: floral, still life, landscape or even a non-objective design.
- Professional Grade tube watercolors – Good choices of brands include: Winsor Newton, Holbein, Daniel Smith, DaVinci, or M. Graham
- Recommended Colors: These are colors that I work with, but you may have colors in your paint box that will work just fine. What you should have is a warm and cool version of the three primary colors.
- Permanent Rose
- Winsor Red or Pyrrol Red
- Winsor Yellow, Hansa Yellow or Cadmium Yellow
- Prussian Blue, Antwerp or Winsor Blue
- Cobalt Blue
- 1″ or 2″ wash brush
- #10 or #12 round watercolor brushes
- Paper: Paper is your most important supply. Please purchase a professional grade paper, if at all possible. The resulting paintings will be far superior and the process less frustrating for you.
- You can purchase individual sheets and cut to size:
140# cold press watercolor paper. (Arches, Winsor Newton, Fabriano or Lanaquarelle)
- OR purchase a Watercolor block (Arches, Fabriano, Lanaquarelle, or Winsor Newton) 9″ x 12″ size or larger works well.
- If using sheet paper, please have a drawing board to tape your paper to.