1-Day Drawing Workshop “How to Draw Faces” with Suzann Beck
Please bring the following:
- Notebook and pen/pencil for taking notes.
- Soft Vine Charcoal
- Charcoal Pencils—Black and white. (A General’s pack that has 3 hardnesses, a white pencil and kneaded eraser is ideal for the workshop.)
- Kneaded Eraser
- Newsprint and/or an economical sketching paper (I recommend Strathmore sketching paper or similar, at least 14” x 18” notepad or similar).
- 1 or 2 sheets of gray tinted paper or similar for more finished drawings (see photo).
- Masking tape or clips to secure your paper.
- A drawing board to attach your paper to (medium or large size).
- Pencil Sharpener.
- A wooden skewer, or knitting needle, or a very fine long brush handle, or similar to use as a comparative measuring tool.
Optional items, not needed for the workshop but fun to have:
- A cheap 1” flat brush with natural hog bristles for blending and softening.
- Chamois cloth for lifting/blending charcoal.
- A retractable/refillable eraser pen (to erase sharper lines than is possible with a kneaded eraser). Can be recut periodically with an exacto knife to create sharp edges on the eraser.
- Dry erase pad for soft erasing and cleaning up backgrounds (used in mechanical drawings).
- A travel sketchbook and .07mm mechanical pencil and leads— for sketching on the run.
- Any favorite drawing medium such as conte, sanguine, brown pencils, etc